Friday, June 20, 2008

Do-Re-Marianne

Sorry for the lack of postings lately. I don't even have a good excuse, we've just been L-I-V-I-N'. Marianne is a cutie and saying or doing something new every day. She can say Minnie's name perfectly (it evolved from Na-na to Nih-Nih to Minnie), and she's starting to sing a little too. Her cover song is a little ditty called "Mama", and the lyrics are:
Mama,
Mama, and Daddy and Baby
Mama,
Mama, and Daddy and Baby

She also throws a shout out to GaGa, PaPa, Cocoa, Itty, and Minnie in at random times. Cute. :)
Her other song is what David calls "Marianne's Lament" and is just a long, drawn-out "Mamamamamamamamamama!", usually occuring before and after bathtime.

Santa Claus brought her a Fisher-Price piano for Christmas, and Fisher-Price isn't paying me when I say that it's one of the best baby/toddler toys out there. The piano keys can be programmed to do different things when pressed (sing Do-re-mi-etc., sing the number or color of the keys, or sing the letter of the note). Marianne has enjoyed her piano for several months now, but recently has taken to sitting on the piano keys and singing "Do!" I need to videotape that and figure out how to post it online.

Pictures will be posted soon, I promise!

No comments: