Monday, March 10, 2008

Hello, World!






After thinking about blogging for the last few months, I've decided to just dive in. Hopefully this will be a great way to keep our many friends and family updated on what's going on in Marianne's world. At sixteen months, she is changing everyday!

Today we had another "milestone moment" -- Marianne didn't take her morning nap for the first time ever! Perhaps it was mother's intuition (which I don't think I've had much of, until this morning), but this morning I decided to take a shower and get ready before Marianne woke up. I usually wait and get ready when she takes her morning nap at about 9:00 a.m., but for some unknown reason I got ready before she was awake. Thank goodness I did!

We already had a day of fun planned -- babysitting Claire from 11-1pm, and then Kindermusik in the afternoon. But Sara called this morning and needed me to watch Liam since Joss was sick and needed to go to the doctor.

Thus....I was outnumbered, and the toddlers took over the house! No, I'm kidding. We had a great time, and it was so fun to see them all dancing, sliding, climbing, and doing other toddler-type things in the playroom. Marianne likes to watch from the sidelines before jumping in and playing herself, and she was fascinated by Liam and all the things he could do (Liam is almost two).

After Claire and her mom left at about 1:30, Marianne finally crashed and slept for about an hour. Mom and Dad are in Florida this week, so her naptime was spent playing outside with Liam, taking out the dogs, and drinking as much caffeine as possible.

Marianne had a fun day; the weather is so nice we were able to play outside all afternoon and she loves to watch the dogs run and chase each other. You should hear her little high-pitched scream of delight as the dogs race around the yard! This evening, she took extra delight in her bath when she discovered what big splashes she could make. Of course Minnie had to peek over the edge to see what was going on, and in return got splashed which made Marianne laugh and squeal. What a sweet little baby. I hope she takes a morning nap tomorrow. :)

First blog entry accomplished. Hello, World!


1 comment:

narcus said...

My goodness! My niece is huge! And absolutely beautiful! And she can say "crack" and heehaw like a donkey. My influence? Hmmm... no, if it were me, she'd be saying "kraut." Must be Uncle Josh's shining example.

I love you, Marianne!

Uncle Nathan